If you’re spending your July 4th weekend in New York City, then consider your self lucky. There’s a large variety of things to do in the city that never sleeps. Best of all, these event’s cost little to nothing, so bring out your friends, family, or a significant other for an eventful weekend starting today! There will be breathtaking fireworks display, free concerts, American history walk in tours and much more.
- Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks 2012: This amazing display will light up the sky over the Hudson river. At approximately 9:20 pm TODAY, the 26-minute display will be set off from six barges positioned between 18th and 43rd Streets on the Hudson River. That’s two full miles of sky, providing for greater visibility of the show for millions more spectators.
- July 4th weekend street fairs: July is prime street fair season in New York City.Unless otherwise noted, street festivals run from about 11 am to 6 pm. Keep in mind that this schedule may change without notice due to inclement weather.
- Free Today Show and Good Morning America Concerts: This is possibly the most exciting event yet. Once again, the Today Show and Good Morning America will be battling for your attention. So if your into Urban culture, or just want to support for favorite news network, get out there! The shows start at 7am, but who wouldn’t get up that early to see big names such as Usher, Justin Bieber, LMFAO, Maroon 5, Demi Lovato, Pit Bull and many more!
- Classical Music Festival on Governor Island: indulge yourself in culture on this historical piece of land, this Governor Island classical/contemporary music festival will kick off a series of outdoor classical music on Saturday, June 7. You’ll also find plenty of outdoor fun on Governors Island while you’re there.
- Weekend Sale at Woodbury Common Outlets: Take a short trip out of New York City and save big on major brands at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets. It’s a quick and easy journey by car or public transportation. Shop over 220 designer name brands, including Burberry, Coach, Dolce & Gabbana, Elie Tahari, Fendi, Armani, Gucci, Polo Ralph Lauren, and many more.
- Independence day at the Children’s Museum of Manhattan: The Children’s Museum of Manhattan is hosting a full day of events to celebrate Independence Day — including American Dream quilt making, fireworks collage crafting, mural painting, and more.
We will be adding more July 4th events as the weekend progresses. If you have an event your interested in displaying in our magazine, please send all the details with “July 4th” at the top of the message to Fuzionmag. HAPPY JULY 4TH!